1a. Research Navigation Tool for New Faculty and Research Scientists
UI Research Administration units use a Research Navigation Tool to begin the onboarding process for new UI faculty and research scientists. This Tool provides information about nine research administration and compliance programs and other UI programs involved in human subjects research support. This tool collects information about the nature and type of research you conduct to help us better assist you with setting up your research program.
Click here to complete the New UI Faculty/Staff Researcher Survey
Based on your responses, representatives from the following units on campus will contact you to provide guidance and support during this onboarding process:
- Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR)
- Research Development Office (RDO)
- Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP)
- Human Subjects Office (HSO) and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Offices of Animal Resources (OAR) and the Institutional Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
- University of Iowa Research Foundation (UIRF)
- Institute for Clinical and Translational Science (ICTS)
- Information Technology Systems (ITS)
For general information about the Research Navigation Tools and the onboarding process for new researchers, please contact Kelly O’Berry, Assistant Director, IRB Education and Outreach in the Human Subjects Office (319) 335-8477 or email@example.com.