- 1a. Research Navigation Tool for New Faculty and Research Scientists
- 1b: Identifying research space
- 1c: Obtaining regulatory approvals and requirements
- 1d. Transferring animals
- 1e. Transferring funding
- 1f: Identifying contacts
- 1g: Core facilities and resources
- 1h. Obtaining licenses for controlled substances
- 1i. Transferring human subjects research data or specimens
- Whom do I contact?
- What is the process to transfer funds to The University of Iowa?
- When should I initiate the process?
Contact your Department Executive Officer (DEO) and/or Department Administrator first to discuss your plans to transfer funds to UI. This person should be able to assist you with the process or direct you to the appropriate person for your unit.
Researchers relocating to UI must seek approval to transfer their active awards to UI. PIs must notify the current institution and sponsoring agency and allow time to complete institutional and agency-specific requirements in relation to the transfer request.
The process for transferring funds to the UI is described on the Division of Sponsored Programs’ website.
Your current institution, the sponsoring agency, and UI must be notified at least 90 days in advance of the desired transfer date.