If previously collected data or samples have subject identifiers (name, date of birth, contact information, dates of service, etc.) or a link between an ID code or pseudonym and subject identifiers, then working with those data may require IRB approval. Submit a Human Subjects Research Determination (HSRD) form to ask if you need IRB approval.

The transferring institution typically initiates a Data Use or Materials Transfer Agreement. Work with the Division of Sponsored Programs to complete agreements to transfer data or samples to the UI.