- Whom do I contact?
- Who can assist in setting up lab space?
- What core facilities are available on campus?
Contact the Departmental Executive Officer (DEO) or Department Administrator for your hiring department. This individual(s) will serve as your primary contact for space needs and will provide you with keys, floor plans, IT access, etc.
Depending on your particular needs for research space, your departmental contact may coordinate with other UI units.
- Environmental Health & Safety Office
- Facilities Management
- Information Technology Services
- Office of Animal Resources
Off Campus Resources
- Making the Right Move: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
- CDC - Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories
A list of core facilities is located in Section 2f: Planning for use of core facilities.